Sunday 22 February 2015

I'm doing myself a crime
I'm running away all the time
Even though I cross the line
I pretend like I don't care


I tell myself a bunch of lies
Put a blindfold over my eyes
& turn a deaf ear to all the cries
I pretend that I don't care


I'm shrouded in darkness inside
I'm in a dilemma, I can't decide
To all reason, goodbye, I bide,
I pretend that I don't care


I refuse to look on straight
Of what I'll see, I'm so afraid
Despite what is told and said,
I pretend that I don't care


My senses have all gone numb
Poisoned, silenced, & finally dumb
From the moment I chose to succumb
& pretend that  I don't care


My footsteps lead to my doom
Amid the chaos I can't find room
I somehow need to pick up a broom


And stop pretending that I don't care

No comments:

Post a Comment